Mozambique suspends visa issuance

In response to the rapid spread of COVID-19, Mozambique announced today (March 20) that it has, with immediate effect, suspended the issuing of visas to foreign nationals as well as cancelling those that have already been issued, said Mozambican President, Filipe Nyusi in a statement.
Furthermore, it has implemented a mandatory 14-day quarantine for all travellers who have recently been outside the country.
“Mozambique still has no confirmed case of COVID-19, even among Mozambicans abroad, stressing that prevention remains the main pillar to combat the spread of this virus in the country,” said Nyusi in a statement.
Zanzibar on lockdown
Meanwhile, Zanzibar has now also closed its borders. Product manager of Holiday Packages by AfricaStay, Jacqui Carr, told eTNW that their suppliers had confirmed the closure.
“We are currently working on the bookings due for departure this weekend and will start contacting our agency partners shortly. We are working on repatriation solutions and will communicate further once we have more information available,” said Carr.
www.samigration.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

35,176 Spam Comments Blocked so far by Spam Free Wordpress

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>